Chatbots and Robot Process Automation
Chatbots soon will be the technology of choice on the front lines of customer service of many companies. Gartner predicts that intelligent automation will manage 85 percent of businesses’ customer relationships by 2020.
McKinsey estimates that Chatbots can save companies 31% in Customer Service and Sales Representative costs, on average.
To be even more useful and to provide intelligent customer experience, Chatbots can be connected to RPA (Robot Process Automation). The connection of these technologies can open much more possibilities for companies to automate their processes and provide a better customer experience.
The role of RPA in these scenarios is to provide customer back-end data to the chatbot enabling him to answer more sophisticated requests. While conversing to the user, the chatbot collects the necessary data, can structure the data and triggers the execution if the RPA tasks. This saves time for both, the client, that can communicate in a natural manner and the back-office employees that can concentrate on more value adding tasks.
Cognitive intelligent chatbots can recognize the customer’s emotional state and respond accordingly. The RPA background processes can be connected to multiple back-end systems to provide solutions to the clients issue.
Use cases for the successful combination of chatbots and RPA can not only be found in Customer Service and Sales. Further examples are:
• Loan Processing.
• Trade Execution. Financial transactions, transfers from person-to-person, payment of bills or recharge mobile phone bills using queries.
• Money Transfer.
• Investment Management.
• Claims Processing. Image Recognition technology on photos submitted by customers to make decisions on claims.
• Serving as virtual agents and streamlining direct messaging for customers who would like to upgrade existing policies with additional coverage
• Providing faster, more efficient access to roadside assistance for stranded policyholders
• Simplifying basic policy administration tasks, like updating an address
• Automating preliminary steps in application and renewal processes.
•Hiring and Onboarding
Frees human resources to focus on more complex and high value adding tasks.
Integrated systems can provide efficient and customized CX across all digital touchpoints.
• Enhanced customer experience and satisfaction.
Allow customers to control the interactions and pull the information from their preferred channel, on their own time.
RPA tools can leverage machine learning engines and big data to predict customer needs, enabling the chatbot to send intelligent upselling and cross-selling messages to customers more proactively.
Intelligent automation reduce human errors and help to structure data.